Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Podcasts

I had a look at a few podcast directories that were listed for this site. Found an interesting podcast put out by justonemorebook.com. This was an interesting site that does podcasts about a children's books, interviews with authors, play reviews and promotes books that users may not have heard of previously. These book review podcasts are done by Nancy Pearl. I thought the one she did on "Throw like a girl" short stories by Jean Thompson was excellent and I am going to see if this book is available in my local library. I added an RSS feed for Nancy Pearl's podcasts to my bloglines account.

By using Podscope, I found a podcast by Bill Thompson on The Bookcast, in which he was talking about the ALA Conference. He interviewed people promoting their products at the conference and discussed how digital America's libraries are becoming and how technology has added new services that libraries can offer. Google was also represented at this conference and he talked about how Google makes a good partner for libraries. Interesting stuff.

My computer is not the best at the moment so I am not even going to attemp to make my own podcast.

No comments: