Saturday, May 31, 2008

Youtube

I have been aware of Youtube for some time but never spent a great deal of time on it. Just when my children have said, "Watch this." Therefore I was surprised by the number of things that can be found on this site.

I did a search for a number of things, including galahs and was surprised at the amount of clips I found for each search.

Can see that video clips would be useful for libraries for many things, including employee orientations, letting users know what services the library offers, promoting Library and Information Week, which led me to this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCUtpbUWgk

Created for Library Week 2007 - the L Team - what a great clip and a great way to promote their services.

Have still not figured out how to hyperlink URL's but this clip is worth sharing.

There is quite a lot on Youtube that is not worth even looking at let alone sharing so the only downside I could see is that with so much crap you have to search for awhile to find the treasures.

No comments: